Sunday, March 06, 2005

Preparing for the Big Move

So...done a bit of shopping lately. Trying to get all those things I want and need before the move into the new apartment.

Things all started out the day after I paid the deposit on my place. I decided to go to Target to look at their area rugs, see if they had any reasonbly priced that I liked. I knew I was going to need a 5x8 rug for the living room, so I wanted to start looking.

While I was there I found that they were discontinuing their "World Bazaar" product line. It was sort international stuff that had a very "Pier One" look to it, but was at Target prices. Well, they had the entire collection marked 75% off...and I felt a thrill of pleasure run up my spine as I began snatching little pieces from here and there. Ended up with two wicker wrapped chairs and a side table to match, an asian style felt-lined box and wicker lined service tray and a few other little pieces for less than $60.

Then today, I decided to get out of the house and continue my search for an area rug for the living room. And I found a 5x8 and a matching 2x3 that matches the fabric of my sofa perfectly. So I picked them up at Lowes today for $65.

And I can hardly contain my excitement. Monday I go over to sign the lease and I can get the keys so I can go in a measure the window and get started on buying fabric for the windows. (My mother will be doing the sewing...I'm a disaster with a needle and thread.)

And in two weeks from today I'll be broadcasting from my nice, warm little apartment, finally surrounded by ALL of MY things for the first time in two years.

**********************

In other news, did I ever tell you all that my restaurant is haunted? Well, apparently it is. They've had a group of paranormal investigators coming in every few weeks taking freaky pictures and recording strange noises. After work last night I went out with a few of the waitresses, on of the busboys and our two newest manager, Bonnie and Chris. They were telling me all sorts of shit I hadn't heard before. I managed to freak myself out, so when I got home at about 2:00, I couldn't sleep. I, instead, sat with the light on and the TV playing until well after dawn. Then, once it was light outside I was able to finally get some sleep.

Well, I think that's all for today. Think I'll go grab a book and do some reading on the front porch. It's about 65 degrees outside and a little cloudy...my favorite weather. So I'm going to go out and enjoy it before watching what Oprah and Halle Berry managed to do to my favorite novel turned TV movie of the week.

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home