Wednesday, March 30, 2005

The benefits of unpacking...

One of the reasons I've always hated moving was the onerous task of unpacking the boxes. Sure, you feel great when you have everything out and the place starts to look like a home, but when you're faced with stacks upon stacks of boxes...it can be a bit daunting.

This time I took care of it in one day. Last Tuesday I made myself unpack every box that was going to be unpacked. (Some of my boxes of papers and such from college remain packed in the closet.) I got things done in a remarkably speedy fashion and was quickly reminded of one of the great benefits of unpacking.

You find a whole load of shit you thought you'd lost.

I found four CD's I thought I'd lost long including the soundtrack from Beautiful Thing as well as the CD that my friend Alisabeth burned for me back in college.

I also came across all the books I'd been thinking about reading over the last two years but couldn't because they were in storage.

At any rate, I'm glad the task is over and I can listen to Mama Cass with wild abandon.

1 Comments:

Blogger matty said...

Oh, wow! The soundtrack to Beautiful Thing is one of Karl's fave CD's. We must have watched that movie about a zillion times.

Mama Cass was awesome!

Glad you're all unpacked!

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home