Monday, September 05, 2005

More News from the Weary

My youngest nephew is back in the hospital. He's four. He was acting strangely last night and then was apparently was in quite a bit of pain this morning, clutching at his stomach.

The trouble with this particular four year old is that he cannot speak, and has a very limited vocabulary in sign language. So, he didn't have any way to explain what was wrong. My sister took him to the doctor, who in turn put them on an ambulance to Children's Hospital here in OKC (a three hour drive).

So, he's in the hospital now, and he's had a CT, and they're pretty sure it is yet another bowel obstruction. Which is not good. He's already had a bowel resection after the last obstruction ended up killing a god amount of tissue. So, he's down there with an IV in his little hand just waiting for the doctor's to figure out what the hell they're gonna do.

Luckily, Children's Hospital is less than a mile from my house, so as soon as I got a room number from my mom, I drove down there to see him. He was his normal sweet self, smiling and being calm, but it was clear he was in pain. Poor little guy.

So, now we wait. There's a possibility of surgery in the morning...we're not sure.

I'm sick of seeing and hearing about sick little kids. It shouldn't ever happen to any of us, but things like this should never happen to kids.

bahh...I'm going to do some ironing...stop thinking about it for a while.

1 Comments:

Blogger matty said...

I am so sorry. Sending many thoughts and prayers your family's way.

Hang in there.

love,matt

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home