Monday, November 28, 2005

Why is it over?

This past weekend was amazing.

Despite the fact that I didn't see any of my family for the holiday (my parents went to Wyoming to see my sister and her family), I got to spend the entire long weekend with Joe. And it was incredible.

On Wednesday night we went to the store and then came home to prepare the dishes we were taking to dinner on Thursday. Then a few of his friends came over and we sat around and killed a bottle of wine and chatted late into the night, so late in fact that one of his friends had to stay in the spare bedroom.

Thursday we spent the afternoon at the home of a friend of Joe's. A few weeks back he had hosted a baby shower for her, so her mother insisted that we come over for Thanksgiving dinner. These were some of the nicest most genuine people I've ever met. And even cooler was to be in the home of a family much like my own. After dinner Joe and I sat on the couch together like an actual couple and we were made to feel completely comfortable.

Later that day we headed back home and napped in front of the TV...and headed out for Cheeseburgers from Braums at about 9:00. We were in bed by 10:30 and slept hard all night.

Got to hang out and just be lazy on Friday and Saturday...and then yesterday afternoon headed out and saw Rent at the theater. I LOVED it! The stage version will always be my favorite...but it was still an incredible film to see.

I was most excited to actully see Wilson Jermaine Heredia as Angel. Angel is my favorite character in the show...and I lost it as I always do when I hear Jesse Martin sing "I'll Cover You" at the funeral.

So it was a pretty damn good weekend.

And it was harder than hell getting up to go to work today...but I managed to get up and iron my shirt and get dressed and then drag my ass in here.

I can hardly wait for Christmas and New Years...

1 Comments:

Blogger matty said...

I'm so happy you're having a great time!!!

...and that you got to see RENT: The Movie! I actually liked the movie a bit more than the Bway play for which I did never much cared. ...I know, I know. I am the only person on the planet who didn't like the play, RENT. But, the movie was pretty good!

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home