Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Good News...

Well, the hospital released my nephew today. He was doing much better. They decided early on that it wasn't an impaction, but still have no real diagnosis. At this point they feel like it is something viral that was attacking his stomach. But, they know not...fuckin' doctors...most of the time, they're as clueless as we are.

So, I'm very relieved.

Today after therapy I went to the gym to set up a new work out routine (one I'll hopefully stick to) with the trainer there. All went well and the set up only took about 30 minutes. After that I was able to complete my other two sets in about a half an hour...so I'm looking at about a 45 minute weight workout every day along with my 45 minutes of (walking) cardio.

I know it was a good workout because it hurts to type right now. I hit my arms really hard tonight...as that's one of the areas I want to focus on more...and knew they could take more weight, so I asked him if I could increase his recommendation by 10 lbs...and he allowed it.

I'm going to be doing the gym thing every day after work except for Thursdays and then on Saturday mornings. That'll give me 5 days a week to start.

So, I'm happy to finally have that set up and ready to go. It's one of those things I've been meaning to do for months and have just kept putting off...but with my walking recently and the massive reduction in smoking, I really felt like it was something I needed to incorporate now rather than put it off for a few more months.

Well, I need to soak in the tub for a while, and then I'm going to read in bed until I fall asleep. Anything it takes to not have a cigarette before bed. I've only had two today and I've been up since 5:30...so I really want to keep that count to two.

Anyway...all of you have a wonderful night and a wonderful day tomorrow...I'll be back in a few days...

Peace

1 Comments:

Blogger matty said...

That is fantastic news!!!!!! I am so relieved!

And, you work it!

kisses,
matt

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home