Friday, February 10, 2006

Still sick, but getting better

Hello to all.

I've been a bit under the weather with the flu for the past few weeks. It started out slowly and has gone through a number of different phases. I'm currently working to shake the final round (cold and sinus infection).

To top things off, for two of the last three weeks my dear Joe has been out of town on business. So, it's just been me and the dog laying on the couch.

I'm very excited to see him tonight. I pick Joe up from the airport at about 9:00...and I can hardly wait. I've missed him terribly this week. Terribly.

Things are now in place for me to move in April. I'll be sad to give up the sweetest apartment I've ever lived in, but I'll be giving it up to live in a real house with a yard and with the sweetest man in the world.

Family stuff has blown up a bit as well the last few weeks. My grandmother became very ill and spent more than a week in the hospital, but still did not die. I swear to god, I hope I have that much strength of will in my life.

My father went through a very difficult time with his employers, but has emerged unscathed. Unfortunately, I think he's fed up enough at this point that he'll probably retire at the end of the year, and then the Edmond Public school district will lose the best Special Ed teacher they've ever had.

Anyway...life just goes on. I'm back at work today for my only full day this week...and am struggling to function on sinus medication...but I'll hack it.

1 Comments:

Blogger matty said...

John!!!! Glad you're feeling better!!!

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home