Thursday, September 15, 2005

Thunderstorms, Clocks and Old Houses

So, last night we had an awesome thunderstorm here in Oklahoma City...really it was most of the state that experienced the storm, but I only care about me. :-)

It was so nice. I sat out and read while it rained and thundered...it was beautiful.

However, sometime shortly after I retired to bed, the power went out for an unknown period of time. You know what that means?

That's right...Underling woke up about 30 minutes after he was supposed to be at work.

One of the tough things about living in a home that was built prior to WWI is that the wiring is old, and the power lines, rather than being protected like in new home, stretch right across the back yard to the pole in the alley...so if I sneeze in my driveway in the direction of the lines, my power will flicker.

And why is it that every other morning of the year I will wake up 30 minutes before my alarm goes off. But, the one day that my alarm doesn't sound...I sleep like a baby...

It was okay, really. I had nothing pressing at work...and it allowed me to be in my car driving to work when the Pilot called me from overseas to say hello. So that was good.

So, my day had begun...work is waiting...will go now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home